Skip to content
- The Biotre™ product line began in 2011 as Pacific bag inc's starting point down the path of sustainability. Since then they have been leading the way in sustainable packaging development focusing on compostability which led us to introduce the technology across our entire entire 200g expedition pouch range to align with our sustainable goals as a business. Unfortunately 50g size packs are currently unavailable but we will be introducing these as they become available.
- PBi spent more than two years developing the Biotre™ film, including extensive composting and cupping tests to verify that the film effectively protects sensitive products like Jerky. We have carried out independent Laboratory tests resulting in satisfactory barrier tests with a 3 month Best before date.
- Biotre™ is composed of 60% (by weight) biodegradable materials made from renewable resources such as the wood pulp used in the craft paper. Based on extensive tests pacific bag inc have made, biodegradation will take an average of just several months in a home compost area.
- The remaining 40% (by weight) of the bag is made from polyethylene with a special additive designed to break down the plastic within five to 10 years, Much faster than traditional plastic packaging items.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection